Bataan Beach

Life’s Adventure With Unknown But Real People

Westnuk Beach Resort, Morong Bataan
March 1-2, 2014


In common definition we describe “teamwork” as an important skill that is very crucial in all kinds of atmosphere whether in the business world, in school and even within families and friends.

Furthermore, we also engage in the fun of physical activities and sweaty exercises which is a special element of having a good teamwork… needless to say; it is a challenge to foster a spirit of camaraderie and a “get to know more” during the session.






 
Truly some of us may not be young but of course we are not going to admit we are no longer capable of fun and some strenuous bodily activities as young generations can do.

The challenge for us is to have more FUN, a little bit EXCITING and of course a MEMORABLE one.










 
Despite of having a very busy life and road miles dividing each of us today, I truly say Arellano Memorial College (AMC) created another BIG LEAP of memoirs to look upon, as our hair continue to hide under the mask of colorful tints.

It was such a pleasure to be with this group. I feel the warmth of their sincerity.  They are so kind, simple and compassionate.  I feel the overused words “I belong!  Yes, I feel I am one of them, although I was simply an observer or I could say, just an ordinary guest. 


How much solidarity we are thinking, when we hear the word ‘Team Building’?

I believe these people are not here for team building… they are already strong enough.  They possess a strong “bonding” relationship.  They cannot be broken down easily.  This is a clear example of a friendship bonding that runs in the course of the so-called “through the test of time.”  They are not just friends joining together but one big family.

In Science concept, I could say that this group is like a molecule with a strong force of attraction holding together, resulting from the sharing of electrons.

It was such a cozy night to begin with a seemingly heart-breaking “life’s sharing” session.  That night was full of surprises, intense sadness, fearful reactions, and high aspirations.

Nevertheless, for me, it was a great understanding and knowledge, by just listening with their revealing emotions.  I just want to borrow this saying, "Communication leads to community, that is, to understanding, intimacy and mutual valuing." - Rollo May

I believe that through compassion and clear communication, each one has to give; it literally neutralizes all negative emotions.  It is an extremely powerful intervention that counteracts all kinds of ill-feelings.

Oh yes, it was a warm evening to unleash the negative emotions… but it was also fun seeing these three (3) lovely couples professing their endless love with each other.









 
Unquestionably, again borrowing this message, “Our task must be to free ourselves by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature and its beauty.” – Albert Einstein

The bonfire, the lighting of candles and praying together, gracefully ended the day’s activity.  Seem like everybody feels light, energized and contented; making a good night sleep.











All is well, but night doesn’t have to end that way… I stayed a little more hours to join with the “singing glee club” and enjoys chit chatting with these guys/gal.





I woke up with a smile on my face.  I breathe the fresh air.  I smell the breeze of the ocean.


 
This is the Westnuk Beach Resort.  It is located within the Bataan Nuclear Power Plant Compound.  This place remains untouched and maintains its natural beauty in the heart of Morong, Bataan.






If you are looking for serenity, privacy, and leisure this is just another place to consider.  One of the nearest escapades you can think of.  Clean air. Clean water. Cleanses your soul.

 
DUSK @ WESTNUK
 
I took shots of the entire cove.  I want to remember the place together with the people I dealt with.  The momentous event I will add in the list of my treasures.













Looking back, it seems like I was in a short vacation in small paradise and it just ended so fast. I keep trying to recall the feeling being away for awhile and I smile with hindsight.   I said to myself, “beautiful memories should cheer me up each time I frown!” 

 
Three things left in my mind in this journey: (1) I look forward to visit this place again.  (2) I recognized that the precious learning I got from the life’s sharing and experiences of the people I encountered during this AMC Team Building is an eye opener.  (3) I believe that, “All major religious traditions carry basically the same message that is love, compassion and forgiveness the important thing is they should be part of our daily lives.” – Dalai Lama

Congratulations and More Power to Arellano Memorial College for being part of this adventure. HQQ2014

Comments

  1. To all the AMC Members... this write up is for you. Thank You.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Regina Rica

Cordillera Mountain

Bohol Region VII