Churches I visited (Old and New)

For the past busy years of my life, I have been travelling the country (again) and I enjoyed seeing old structures.  Yes, the same way as I enjoy looking at the vivid pictures on the internet showcased by different bloggers or posted on the e-news from the other side of this world (different places/countries).  I am so amazed and so happy to see how they were able to keep and maintain their century-old churches and other structures.

Well, I think I also need to showcase some of the old structures that I visited the past years.  Some may have shown these in their blogs too.

However, we are incomparable with the other countries,  i.e. maintaining the original structures and protecting the valuable images.  We somehow very lax and not so mindful about it.  There were liberated minds that transform the old structures instead of keeping it the way it built centuries ago.  I can't blame, there are many factors to consider like for example it is harder to maintain the old structures, it has been half-destroyed by storms and other natural disasters, or simply not so into keeping the old ones (i.e. the idea of development is better).

Here are some of the old churches I can boast upon...

Churches in Luzon.

Church of Bay (1571) St. Augustine

Church of Calamba (1861)


Church of Lilio St. John the Baptist (1605)
I am so amazed with the old red stones... One of my favorite churches. 


Reconstructed not the old structure because it has been 70% destroyed during the war.
Church of Pagsanjan (1687)


Church of Pagsanjan the only old structure that remains (survived).


Church of Paquil (1732)
This is one of my favorites.  The structure is amazing and it was so huge.


Church of Pila (1947) St. Anthony de Padua


Minor Basilica of Our Lady of the Rosary of Manaoag (1972)



(picture to insert later)

Boso Boso Church, Antipolo Rizal

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
Churches in Visayan Region

(picture to insert later)

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
Church in Macao, China
The St. Paul Ruins
(picture to insert later)

I just included this structure because it is one of the structures that the country was able to maintain.  Hoping that Philippines will also do the same, for history sake or may be for tourist sake.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Regina Rica

Cordillera Mountain

Bohol Region VII